Naples (Napoli) is the birth place of pizza.
Local dishes: .
Below is some of the best food in Naples...
"We arrived at 3.30pm on a Tuesday afternoon, assuming it would be a quiet time for this hugely popular (especially since "Eat, Prey, Love" filmed a scene here) restaurant, but we still had wait an hour for a table. Go to the front, grab yourself a numbered ticket and wait for your number to be called."Read the full review...
- Via Cesare Sersale, 1, 80139 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sat:11:00 - 22:30
- Via Materdei, 27/28, 80136 Napoli NA
- Tue–Sun:Noon - 15:30, 19:00 - Midnight
"From the street it looks like a take-away street food kiosk only, but if you want in and through the kitchen to the left, you find the restaurant, most of which is upstairs. It's a simple and relaxed restaurant compared to most of the popular options."Read the full review...
- Via dei Tribunali, 94, 80138 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sat:11:00 - 15:30, 19:30 - 23:30
"I arrived at about 10.30pm on a Friday night, hoping it was late enough to get in easily. Instead there was a large crowd gathered outside and when I put my name down, despite only being one person, I was told the wait would still be an hour."Read the full review...
- Via Arena della Sanità, 7 Bis, 80137 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sat:10:30 - 23:30
- Sun:Noon - 16:00
- Via Pignasecca, 17, 80134 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sat:Noon - 15:30, 19:00 - 23:30
- Via Pasquale Scura, 52, 80134 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sat:11:00 - 21:00
- Via Port'Alba, 28, 80134 Napoli NA
- Mon–Thu:09:30 - 01:30
- Fri:09:30 - 03:00
- Sat:09:30 - 13:30, 19:00 - 03:30
- Sun:18:30 - 01:30
"Coccia actively ‘holds court’ among the guests who sit ‘cheek to jowl’ in La Notizia’s whimsically decorated dining room. The pizzas are amazing, featuring great Neapolitan pizza dough and some of the finest local ingredients from Campania like bright yellow piennolo tomatoes and strutto, a local lardo."Read the full review...
- Via Michelangelo da Caravaggio, 53, 80126 Napoli NA
- Tue–Thu, Sun:19:00 - 00:16
- Fri–Sat:19:00 - 01:20
"To serve truly great Neapolitan pizza to 200 people at a time brothers Francesco and Salvatore Salvo procure the best information and ingredients available. When the third-generation pizzaioli are not analyzing how flour, yeast, temperature, and maybe 20 other variables affect the dough, they’re nurturing lasting relationships with the best suppliers."Read the full review...
- 16, Largo Arso, 10
- Mon–Sat:12:15 - 15:00, 19:00 - Midnight
"In Naples there’s always something new to try, as our bakers definitely like to spoil us. Because two sfogliatella versions weren’t enough, a pastry shop has invented a new variation on the theme that has immediately gone viral on the net… and in every other shop."Read the full review...
- Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 82, 80142 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sun:06:00 - Midnight
"La Masardona has been specialising in deep-fried calzoni since the 1930s, when head chef Enzo Piccirillo’s family began selling them to hungry market labourers heading home from work. Intriguingly, the pizzeria is named after a formidable female forebear of Piccirillo’s, whose job as “La Masardona” was to deliver secret messages verbally between revolutionaries."More details...
- Via Giulio Cesare Capaccio, 27, 80142 Napoli NA
- Mon:07:00 - 16:00
- Tue–Wed, Fri:07:00 - 15:30
- Thu:07:00 - 16:00
- Sat:07:00 - 16:00, 19:00 - Midnight
- Sun:06:00 - 15:30
- * Possibly closed Mon, Sun
- Via Giudecca Vecchia, 39, 80139 Napoli NA
- Mon:10:00 - 21:30
- Tue–Sat:11:00 - 21:00
- * Possibly closed Mon
"Well and truly off the beaten track, in the northern outskirts of the city, Carminiello is as famous for its selection of freshly fried treats as its pizza: battered sliced aubergine, croquettes and rice arancini piled up behind the glass counter at the entrance. Just beyond the airport but without a tourist in sight, it makes for the perfect last pizza in Naples before getting on the plane home."
— The Guardian"
- Corso Secondigliano, 350, 80144 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sat:11:00 - 16:00, 18:00 - Midnight
"Coccia actively ‘holds court’ among the guests who sit ‘cheek to jowl’ in La Notizia’s whimsically decorated dining room. The pizzas are amazing, featuring great Neapolitan pizza dough and some of the finest local ingredients from Campania like bright yellow piennolo tomatoes and strutto, a local lardo."More details...
- Via Michelangelo da Caravaggio, 94, 80126 Napoli NA
- Mon–Thu:19:30 - 00:30
- Fri–Sat:19:30 - 01:00
"Lively bar which was recommended to me."More details...
- Vico Lungo Teatro Nuovo, 103/104/105, 80134 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sat:Noon - 15:00, 19:00 - 23:00
"Pizza portafoglio is the Neapolitan solution to pizza without queuing: it translates as wallet-shaped pizza, and is relatively small, folded into quarters and served from the restaurant window wrapped in brown paper for hungry passersby. The Tutino family have been making pizza for five generations and keep no fewer than three wood-fired ovens blazing to keep up with demand."More details...
- Via Cesare Carmignano, 79, 80142 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sat:08:00 - 22:00
"Gorizia 1916 is in the wealthy Vomero neighbourhood and is something of an institution. Family run for over a century, it famously remained open throughout both world wars and has been a pillar of the community ever since."More details...
- 31, Via Gian Lorenzo Bernini, 29/31
- Mon–Sun:12:30 - 16:00, 19:30 - 00:30
"If you are heading to a football match at the Stadio San Paolo in Fuorigrotta (Napoli’s home ground), it would be inexcusable to miss out on a pre-game visit to Fratelli Cafasso, run by one of the great pizza-making families in the city. The Cafasso brothers make traditional mouth-watering pizza served a little smaller than usual, meaning you won’t be too lethargic to sing through the litany of chants expected of you at the match."
— The Guardian"
- Via Giulio Cesare, 156, 80125 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sat:Noon - 15:30, 18:30 - 23:00
- Via Sanità, 11/12, 80136 Napoli NA
- Mon–Sun:Noon - 16:00, 18:30 - Midnight