Jogjakarta (also spelt Yogyakarta) is known for its local food and there are plenty of options to have fantastic Indonesian food where you'll be the only foreigner.
Below is some of the best food in Jogjakarta...
"Really great experience of eating late at night with locals. It's a small room where you queue up and they serve you from the various pots which had been cooking on the wood fires."Read the full review...
- Jl. Janturan UH/IV No. 36, Warungboto, Umbulharjo
- Mon–Sun:22:00 - Midnight
"Famous for the suckling pig ("nasi babi guling komplit") every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. It was tasty and a nice place but nothing really special."Read the full review...
- Jalan Sorowajan no 116C RT 12/RW 11, Banguntapan, Bantul Regency
- Mon, Wed–Sun:09:00 - 21:00
- Jalan Namburan Kidul No.10, Panembahan, Yogyakarta
- Mon–Sun:10:00 - 20:00
"Delicious and spicy sambal. This is a chain restaurant with a few around Yogya."Read the full review...
- Jalan MT. Haryono No.5, Suryodiningratan, Mantrijeron
- Mon–Sun:10:00 - 22:00
- Jalan Kemetiran Kidul No.63, Pringgokusuman, Gedong Tengen
- Mon–Tue, Thu, Sat–Sun:10:00 - 20:00
- Wed, Fri:09:00 - 21:00
"Very popular place that's open 24/7. Apparently if you go at peak times then it can take a very long time to get your food."Read the full review...
- Jalan Faridan Muridan Noto No.7, Kotabaru, Gondokusuman
- Mon–Sun:24 Hours
- No. 2C, Malioboro, Jl. Dagen Malioboro
- Mon–Sun:07:00 - 22:00
"Very spicy beef stew with rice. If you love really hot food then check this out."Read the full review...
- Jalan KH. Ahmad Dahlan, Ngampilan, Kota Yogyakarta
- Mon–Sun:17:00 - 23:00