Melaka is famous for Nyonya food. There's a walking street where you can get cheap street food and plenty of upmarket restaurants.
Below is some of the best food in Melaka / Malacca...
"Famous for Nyonya Chang which are ready from about 4pm and cost RM7 (expensive). It's a rice dumpling (coloured blue at the bottom) filled with highly-seasoned pork, mushroom and winter melon."Read the full review...
- 60, Lorong Hang Jebat, 75200 Melaka
- Mon–Sun:09:30 - 17:30
- 100, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, 75200 Melaka
- Mon–Tue, Thu–Sun:11:00 - 15:00
- Wed:11:00 - 15:00
- * Possibly closed Wed
- 72, Lorong Tengkera Pantai 2c, Kampung Tengkera Pantai Dua
- Mon–Wed, Fri–Sun:10:30 - 15:00
"Watch carefully at how inventive this signboard-less little stall is. The weather beaten wood fire grill has a trough of water so steam and moisture the satay skewers as it fires up over the smoky charcoal heat."More details...
- 50/52, Jalan Kota Laksamana 1/1, Taman Kota Laksamana
- Thu–Sun:10:00 - 18:00
"Donald and Lily are known to be the first Nyonya hawker in the Peranakan capital of Malacca, Malaysia. Now roosting in this food shop, their range of popular Nyonya snacks and dishes have found favour with many."More details...
- No. 16 Ground Floor Taman Kota Shah Bandar 75200, Jln KSB 1, Malacca
- Tue–Sun:09:00 - 16:00